Saturday, May 31, 2008

AMsterDAM and Red light pizza ovens

What up,
Been in Amsterdam for I think 2 days now and have yet to smoke any weed, Big surprise I know, Although we did eat a bunch of it yesterday. Ty wanted to get ripped seeing that we are in Amsterdam and that this is the sort of thing that one does when they're here. I wasn't totally against the idea, but I certainly didn't want to smoke and not be able to breath through my nose for the rest of the week. So we got some hash muffins ate them at around 12 in the afternoon while drinking a beer and then wated to see what would happen. At first we didn't feel much and walked over to the big chess board where I watched some guys play, who for as much shit as they talked seemed to miss some moves. After about a half hour or so we started to feel a bit off and decided that going on one of those canal tours would be a good idea. Around the time we boarded the boat things were starting to get rather strange, the muffins were now in full effect. The tour passed more or less unnoticed as we sat there staring into space only occationaly taking a very uneven picture, looking back we probably ate too many. After we finished the boat tour the next 3 hours seem like mostly a blur, we watched some more chess (which was the only thing I could even half focus on) and the walked to the main train station. On a previous trip to Amsterdam my friend Haf and I had found these benches behind the train station that look out on the harbor and offer a good amount of privacy. Any time things get out of hand around here I like to sit at these benches for a while and wait for my life to sort its self out. So we sat there long after I had wished I wasn't high anymore. Tyler ended up falling alseep with his hands tucked in his shirt because he was cold and didn't bring a jaket to Europe. Smart I know but that's what living in the desert will do to you, after a while you forget that cold exists. After what seemed like an hour we decided to go back to the hostel to take a shower and see if we couldn't sort the rest of the day out. Within 10 minutes of arriving Tyler was sound asleep and wouldn't wake up until the morning.

In the meantime I still had to deal with meeting my friend Corry at the train station. I headed off to the library to check my email and to see if I couldn't salvage something productive from the rest of the day. After I took care of some emailing and met Corry at the station we decided to walk around the city. Amsterdam at night is a very strange place. There are drunk Brits on every street in the red light district and you can hear "HAVE YOU SEEN THE BITCHES MATE!!" along with many other charming britsh sayings on every corner. We had decided to get some pizza before we ventured into the red light district to view the hookers along with the equally interesting slimy men who are obviously there for one reason. It was a bit like going to the zoo. The streets are set up with windows on each side and the "bitches"stand there and tap on the glass as men walk by and decide weather or not they'd like to partake in one of the worlds oldest trades. Most of these girls are far too atractive to be hookers, it's really amazing actually. I'm sure they could get jobs elsewhere, but maybe the moneys too good, or they're too fucked up on drugs to care, or they could also just really love dick, but it's probably one of the first two choices. Either way they stand in the window and slimey men walk buy and pay their 50€ for a suck and fuck. Just the thought of the amount of meat that gets pounded in those allways is enough to make me want to take a shower.

I got to run but I'll update soon. There was talk of eating mushrooms today but I don't know if I feel totally up for that, well see. Again no spell check, sorry.

No comments: